So I've been thinking about blogging for a long time now. Maybe over a year. And its been a back and forth battle.
At first it seemed like the most modern thing to do...using a computer to write down all my thoughts would save me so much time. But I stayed true to my traditional ways. I love my journal. Its only me and my writing. Sometimes the sentences don't make sense, they run together at times and I'm jumping all over the place with thoughts. Let's not even mention the misspellings and left out words. Plus, something inside me just fills up with life when I can sit down and write and know that everything that is behind that cover is just me. I don't ever want to give that up and I don't plan to. Sometimes I think about just placing the journal I've kept for years in the lap of my future husband, like 3 days before we're married, and saying "Here, this is everything you'll even need to know about me." I've had it since junior year of High School. But publishing this? Why would I want anyone to read what goes on inside of me? I've been too self conscious of what would happen if I actually posted my thoughts and then if people don't like them then do they not like me? That's a stupid mentality but it lives inside me. And here's another thing. I've just thought I'd have to have a blog like everyone else and I question my ability to stay up with that. Politics..don't care enough. Music...I'm under-educated. News...I don't surround myself with it. Social justice...I'm nervous my level of activism is judged.
But then it hit me... there's something I really do care about. It gets my heart beating. My blood pumps uncontrollably. And there's a pressure just at the surface of my chest that wants to burst. And that's being a nurse and taking care of people. And I've been cautious of being the girl who is only obsessed with what she is doing and the adult that grows to only talk about their work. I've even gotten frustrated at the other nursing majors when its the only thing they live for and even wear their scrubs when they're not in the hospital. That's not me but here's the thing: I love it. I love what I'm doing. I'm looking forward to the experiences I'm going to get and it's what I want to write about. These are my experiences and they're teaching me a whole lot about this world and really that's all I want to share (So i guess it doesn't have to be my inner most deepest thoughts). I always knew that if I did start a blog I wouldn't tell anybody so it wouldn't feel like someone invaded my head. But I really do want to share the things I'm learning from the real hard reality I come in to contact with everyday. Its been impacting to me so far and is really shaping how I see the world. And that's all a blog is right?? So if you're reading I want you to know that my work is hard but I love it and I don't want to do anything else in this whole world. (Except take a ride in a hot air balloon). Some basic rules to get this started: I misspell a lot, I don't care about grammar, I get super proud of my clever titles (just like in my journal too), and my overall objective is to simply share my paradigm and the hurting world I'm helping take care of.
I'm so glad you decided to start a blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!
ReplyDelete(and btw, feel free to jump on over and say hi every once and a while!)