Tuesday, April 20, 2010

That Bridge


I prayed for you standing on this bridge.
The man who brought me here told me it was famous to all the locals.

"This time of year the people come to watch the tide," he told me.
"The time when the moon is positioned just right, it brings the water all the way to the very edge of the bridge."
"It's remarkable," he said in broken English. "Nothing anything like it."

The cool Spring evening was peaceful and silent and the wind blew so softly, creating only slight ripples in the water.

I looked off that bridge and thought of you...wishing you were standing right beside me. The view was breathtaking.
You would whisper sweet nothings into my ear, maybe even stroke my hair and place your hand ever so gently on my shoulder, giving me all the affection I've ever ached for.

Then I looked up into the dark black sky and remembered that we were on opposite sides of the world for the time being.
And although the dark sky reminded me of bedtime, you were watching the sunrise.
We were so far away...6,824 miles to be exact.

So I prayed for you instead.

I prayed for our love and maybe one day it too will rise all the way to the top of a bridge.
Hell, maybe the locals will even come to watch.
And when the moon is in just the right spot...I pray there's no one else but you.

2 comments: